The sunny afternoon in April when the realtor placed the keys to our first house in my husband’s hand was the day our dreams came true…
It was also the day my nightmare began.
Three months after moving in, my health started to fail. I was exhausted, had constant headaches, was dizzy, and couldn’t sleep.
I felt anxious all the time, forgetful, moody, and my hormones were out of whack… in fact, we were trying for a baby but it just wasn’t happening.
Before long, I was so sick, depressed, and exhausted that I couldn’t get out of bed. I felt like a burden on everyone around me, and couldn’t face another day.
I’m ashamed to admit it, but I took every pain pill I had and curled up on the floor waiting for it to be over…
Thank God my mom found me before it was too late.
I moved in with my mom so she could nurse me back to health, and a strange thing happened...
I started feeling better. The fog in my head started to clear, and the headaches went away. My joints stopped hurting and my energy came back. I felt like myself again.
That’s when I knew… something in our “dream home” was making me sick. But what?
We hired a home inspector to investigate, and he found high EMF readings in our kitchen.
It turns out that the wires in the kitchen were not properly grounded, and the appliances were putting off electromagnetic fields that had been causing my illness.
After a year and a half of suffering and almost losing my life to depression, a 45-minute visit from an electrician brought the EMFs down to a reasonable level.
But the saga was still not over...
I was still having bad days, struggling with anxiety, and our dreams of starting a family had still not come true.